A Compassionate, Personalized Approach
From your very first visit with sleep dentist Dr. Mike, you will realize his approach is never “routine.” He treats you as an individual, and his primary concern is the health and happiness of you and your family. This is important, because your sleep condition likely impacts others within your household, and a successful solution helps everyone.
Dr. Mike offers free consultations with sleep patients. Although we also offer virtual consultations, we find that in-person consultations work better. That’s in part because your body language often communicates more about your condition than your spoken language. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to really see and even handle oral appliance options. You can also share information more freely in our confidential office setting.
Dr. Mike doesn’t just look at your medical history, he listens to your experiences. This helps him recommend a treatment that will truly address all your concerns.
Sleep apnea and other types of sleep-disordered breathing affect your entire body and mind. As an experienced sleep dentist, Dr. Mike realizes he can’t always help you by himself. He regularly works with medical specialists like cardiologists, pulmonologists, neurologists, nephrologists, allergists, ENTs, and more. This helps ensure his patients get the treatment they need.
Medical specialists also seek Dr. Mike out when their patients need a sleep dentist. Often, the issue is that a person with a health condition caused or worsened by their sleep apnea can’t use CPAP. They need an alternative that they will actually use. Dr. Mike can help them find it, using a combination of personalized oral appliance therapy and supportive treatments like myofunctional therapy.
Tireless Ongoing Education
Sleep dentist Dr. Mike works hard to ensure he remains at the forefront of sleep dentistry. He wants to know the latest dental techniques. He received a B.S. in Microbiology from Ohio State University in 1987 and got his DDS in 1991 from The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. He completed advanced training in general dentistry at the University of Florida College of Dentistry in 1992. The college recruited him to serve as a clinical instructor.
Since then, Dr. Mike has completed more than 1700 hours of continuing education. Each year he completes 70-100 hours of continuing education in sleep disordered breathing, occlusion, orthodontics, and physiologic dentistry. He has served on a sleep medicine board and been recognized with numerous honors in sleep dentistry and other areas of dentistry. He is commonly sought out by local media for his expertise.
- Advanced General Dentistry (Fellow)
- American Orthodontics Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Physiological Medicine & Dentistry
- FICCMO, Fellow International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics
- Fellow International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics
- International Association of CarnioMandibular Orthopedics (Fellow)
- International Association for Orthodontics
- International Association of Mercury-Free Dentists
- Joan Levy Bisesi Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology Research
- International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics
- FAGD, Fellow Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- Central Ohio Study Club (the local chapter of the Seattle Study Club)
- Columbus, OH Dental Society
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- LVI Fellow, Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- ICOI Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Continuing Education: Las Vegas Institute
- Core I – Occlusal disease.
- Core II – Aesthetic design.
- Core III – Aesthetic restoration.
- Core IV – Neuromuscular dentistry.
- Core V — Smile makeover.
- Core VI – Occlusion.
- Ortho I – Modern orthodontics.
- Implant I – Dental Implants.
- K7 – Jaw tracking for TMJ.
- Misch Implant Continuum.
- Facial Beauty Institute Orthodontic Training Program.
- Dr. Rod Strickland – FOY® Dentures Course 1 & 2.
- Rondeau Seminars – Orthodontics for General Practitioners.
- Mini-Residency – TMJ and Sleep Therapy Research.
- Invisalign Certification – Align Technology.
- 16th Annual B. Jankelson Memorial Lecture Forum – International.
- College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics.
- Misch International Implant Institute.
- Implant Logistics hands-on surgical training.
A Columbus, OH Sleep Dentist Ready to Help You
If you are tired of being tired and want to finally get healthy, restful sleep, Dr. Mike can help. His compassionate, customized approach to sleep dentistry can help you get the best treatment not just for your condition, but for you.
Please call (614) 683-4640 today for a free consultation with sleep dentist Dr. Mike at Firouzian Sleep Wellness. We offer both in-person and virtual consultations.